Winter isn't my favorite time of year especially the part between Christmas and St. Patrick's Day. Now every once in a while there's a snow storm with those big fluffy white flakes and I think "wow that's really quite beautiful" and then I realize that my husband who has been in Irvine (with 70 degree weather) all week is flying home in the storm and that it will make him extra late...then I hate it again. On the bright side the kids love some freshly fallen snow. Talmage was all about going out to help Eric shovel in the morning and I have to say in a few years he will be quite useful.
I love the picture above because I second after I took this picture that whole shovel full of snow fell right on top of Talmage! It surprised him when he was clobbered by his own shovel full of snow but he quickly recovered and he didn't make the same mistake twice.
At what age is it reasonable for me to expect Talmage to be able to go out and shovel the snow on his own? I'm guessing 3 is a little on the young side, but he did a surprisingly good job at helping his daddy.
The early morning snow crew, Ellen was resting inside with a fever.
When Olivia got home from school we got all bundled up and played on the tube in the back yard for a while.
Olivia was soaking up her last day with Peanut, her class masco,t who we have had as a house guest for the past week.
Talmage and Olivia made beautiful snow angels and soon got so cold that they wanted to come inside for some hot cocoa made by none other than Ellen who thought she was all grown up to make the hot cocoa all by her self! Boy do I love these kids of mine!
No comments:
Post a Comment