I've got my Tiffer hovering over my shoulder coaching me through my first blog. A brief moment of silence if you please..., thank you.
Tiff's really tired tonight, and I mean really tired. She's kind of funny when she gets tired, as those who have had the opportunity to be around her at such times know. Actually tonight she's been somewhat obsessive about something in an extremely cute way. I'll explain.
I've been shopping for songs on iTunes tonight and she remembered a country song that she had heard about someone driving down the highway in a tractor. She thought I would enjoy it since I'm fairly outspoken in my general dislike of country music, much to her chagrin. So I got up for a few minutes to get ice cream and when I returned, she had moved from her semi comatose position on the love seat to the computer and was typing away in search of the mysterious song.
No dice.
She couldn't find it and I finally convinced her to relinquish her position and return to dosing on the couch (she promised that after the ice cream she was making a bee line to bed). I continued my shopping for a bit then got up to change the laundry. Again, I was replaced at the computer by the tired Tiffer, still intent on finding the elusive song. When I suggested she appeal to the 100 Hour Board she decided she'd had enough and again relinquished her position while decided on a more mutually agreeable solution. Appeal to the wisdom of the blog readers, many of whom I know are more savvy on country music than myself. So if any of you know of a country song that talks about someone driving down a highway in a tractor, please post it. It could be the magic song that finally turns me to the country music side of things and that would truly be a blessing to the Tiffer.
3 comments:
Okay, so I really have no idea, but I did a search on Google (there are a lot of country songs about tractors and highways by the way). See if any of these are what you were looking for:
Craig Morgan - "International Harvester"
Alabama - "When it all goes South"
Montgomery Gentry - "Daddy Won't Sell the Farm"
Jason Aldean - "Amarillo Sky"
I'll ask my sister and see if she has any ideas.
Here are a couple more from my brother-in-law who listens to a lot of country music. Sorry if these are not what you are looking for.
The Judds - "John Deere Tractor"
Vince Gill - "One more last chance"
HA! I've seen stephanie when she's tired and I LOVE IT. =)
Post a Comment