Thursday, February 7, 2008

The People Song...

Ellen is a singer. She sings while she colors, while she jumps on her bed, while she rides in the car etc... She has recently started to use real words when she makes up her songs. Some of the songs are about her and what she happens to be doing at the moment and others can be brought on by a random thought or something she sees out the car window. Well, yesterday she started singing what we now call "Ellen's people song" it went something like this, "I love my people, yes I do, I love my people, and people love me too." (Imagine her jumping on the bed while singing at the top of her lungs) I asked her who "her people" were and she said "mommy and daddy" like that was the most obvious thing in the world. I then went on to explain to her that we are her parents not her people. I think I confused her because then she started talking about Papa and Manga. We tried to explain that they we her grandparents and that mommy and Daddy are her parents, her response, "What does that mean?" Well I guess we will have to have a family home evening lesson on the members of my family and their various tittles.

No comments: