I made pancakes for breakfast this morning, or more specifically “Mickey Mouse pancakes”. Ellen was very excited about all of the syrup that I put on her plate; she likes to dip her pancakes. Recently we have been trying to teach her to use her fork more and her fingers less and so I told her to use her fork to eat her pancakes. She was doing pretty well for a while and then she got stuck, she kept jabbing her fork at her pancake but it wouldn’t stay on her fork for the long trip to her mouth. Finally she was fed up and in her sad little sing song voice she said, “I’m trying to do it with my fork but it’s driving me nuts!” I had to laugh! That is the phrase that I am sure she hears multiple times a day when Annie is getting on my nerves. Yet another example of why you have to really be careful with what you say in front of a 2 year old!
1 comment:
It must be so frustrating for a child learning to use silverware when they know how easy it is to pick it up with their hands.
Post a Comment