Thursday, April 3, 2008

Teddy Graham Temptation


A few days ago Ellen was eating some of her Easter treats. She had some Nilla wafers and some Teddy Grahams that she was sharing with me. She would feed me one and then she would eat one, we took turns like that until there was only one left. She said "We will save this one for daddy because he needs one." I told her that that was a very nice idea but that daddy wouldn't be home for hours and that she could go ahead and eat it if she would like to. She wouldn't hear of that, that cookie was daddy's and she was going to wait for him at the window so that she could give it to him when he got home. She was really patient for about 5 minutes, convinced that daddy would be driving up the street any second. Well after that I watched her look at that Teddy Graham with such longing she just couldn't help herself she took a bite. Then she looked at me and said, "I had to take a bite of this teddy's head because it was too big for daddy." It was all I could do to not burst out laughing!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is a really cute story! I laughed out loud when I read it. I can just imagine a teddy graham head being too big for Eric to eat.

Angie said...

That is so cute! She is obviously a very kind child and I wish we could meet her! Unfortunately we won't be home again until around Christmas, but we will be back for good next summer!

Angie said...

Hey, Do you have Ryan and Maria's e-mail address? They're the Miles' right? Keith wants it so we can ask for permission to get on their blog. e-mail me at angdodge@gmail.com if you have it.
Thanks,
Angie