Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving With Friends





This is the first Thanksgiving that we've had away from the family and I was worried that because we weren't with family that it just wouldn't feel like Thanksgiving. I couldn't have been more wrong! A wonderful family in our ward invited us to share Thanksgiving with them this year. It ended up being a beautiful Thanksgiving. We relaxed and played together in the morning and then after naps we drove to our friend's house. The girls made fast friends with some of the 10 children already there, and Eric and I were able to visit and enjoy the company of new friends. The food was incredible and the company was great. We still missed our family but the I think that I learned that Thanksgiving isn't all about spending time with you family, it's about being grateful for what you have been blessed with. I was reminded that we are abundantly blessed. We have the opportunity to have the gospel in our lives and no matter where we go we have a ward family who we can count on to help ease our burdens. I am truly thankful for all of the blessing in my life. My beautiful children, Wonderful Husband, supportive family and friends, and most of all a Savior who has given us the opportunity to all live together eternally.

2 comments:

Frye Kids said...

happy holidays!!! i cant believe all the places you have ended up, enjoy the journey! lot of love...

Steph H said...

What a great attitude. I feel the exact same way, since our Thanksgiving wasn't spent with family this year either. Glad you have good friends out there!