Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy New Year







Hi Everyone!

I thought I would start a blog this year to help stay in touch with all of our family and friends. I have noticed that just about everyone has one now so I thought I might as well jump on the band wagon. I hope that this helps us to come closer to or friends and family that we don't see as often as we would like.




Well if you haven't seen or heard from us for a while... we are doing well and our two girls are growing up faster than I ever thought possible. My mom always said that me and my sister, "grew up really fast" I guess I am beginning to understand how that happens. Ellen is about 2 and a half and recently potty trained (Hallelujah)! Olivia is almost 5 months and is working on rolling over. She is really starting to show some personality, and she absolutely loves her sister. Ellen continues to learn at an incredible pace (she knows her ABC's and can type her name on the computer.) Sometimes I just have to laugh at the things she says. Yesterday she was running around dancing the can-can and saying "I 'm so excited, I just can't stand it!" those are the things that I love about being a mom, the wacky and sweet things that happen on a daily basis.




Eric is doing well, he continues to enjoy his work and it's a good thing cause he sure does spend a lot of time there. He is now working on a new project, quite by accident, he bought me a shelf for our bathroom and went to install it and oops... hit the electrical wiring to the bathroom while drilling holes in the wall. We were without power to the bathroom and the three bedrooms for about 4 days (half of that time Eric was out of town). So, to fix that problem he had to open up the was and splice wires then he had to patch it so now we are retextureing and painting our bathroom. I am really happy he bought me a shelf for the bathroom that Christmas, it has gotten me a quick bathroom remodel. Well I guess I will let this be it for now, and I will write again when I have something a little more exciting to write about. I will also update with a picture of our completed bathroom.

3 comments:

Jen and Joe. said...

Steph! Olivia looks SOOOOOOO much like you!

Keep up the good blogging work! I LOVE seeing these pictures and hearing all of your news!

Lindsay said...

I'm so excited you started a blog! I can't wait to see what's going on in the future of the Busby household. Your two girls are adorable!

Kristi said...

It is so fun to see you on here. I look forward to reading more about you guys!