A few nights ago Ellen announced that we were going to have a "tea party" in her room right after dinner. She had all of her stuffed animals arranged and spots where we were each supposed to sit and topics of conversation all ready to go. Actually, each of us was given the chance to discuss 1 topic of our own choosing and then at the end she had 2 topics that she wanted to talk about 1 was Harry Potter (she's totally in love with Harry Potter, she's read the first 2 books multiple times but we won't let her read any more until she's 8) She wanted us to ask her questions about what's in the books, she's REALLY good that this I've tried to stump her but she basically has the first 2 books memorized so it's nearly impossible to ask her something that she doesn't know. The second topic she wanted to talk about was her baptism. She was very serious about this one, she had 2 main questions 1) will the water be warm? 2) What exactly are the covenants I will be making? Eric and I answered her questions and let her know proud and happy we are for her. When she talks about her baptism I realize how grown up she's getting I need to savior these sweet little girl moments while they last. The night after our party she started planning her baptism program including what we would be eating afterwords and who would be asked to share their testimonies. I know it's 7 months away but my girl is a planner, (I wonder where she get's that from?).
Just look at these sweet sisters!
Look how they decorated their bed with all of their stuffed animals.
Eric and Tadge got to sit together, Tadge loved snuggling with Eric!
Reese was playing Peek-a-Boo in the fort the kids made under their bed, she sure loves that game!
While we were having out little PJ party and all of us were in the loft bed cuddling and talking I felt so extremely blessed to have such a wonderful happy family. I am so grateful for my sweet beautiful children who put together parties for us to attend so that they can ask their important questions. I never want to forget the amount of love we all have for each other I hope and pray that it only grows as we continue down our path.
No comments:
Post a Comment