

When people told us that Summers in Dallas were HOT I believed them but I didn't expect the summers to start so early. We have been in the mid to the upper 90's for almost a month, and tomorrow we're expected to hit 100 degrees. At least we live in a place with a nice pool and we're close to a splash park.So a bunch of the girls from our ward got together at the splash park on Friday to let the kids play. We got there at 9:30 in the morning and waited until 10:00 when the water was turned on. While we sat there waiting for the water to start droves of people began to arrive. I guess we weren't the only ones who had the great idea to stay cool at the splash park on a Friday morning. It was a lot of fun and Talmage especially had a wonderful time. He sure doesn't mind getting wet. Ellen was pretty outgoing when it came to getting wet too but Olivia was hesitant. It took Olivia until we were about ready to go home, then she decided that she could get wet and playing in the water is a lot more fun than standing in the hot sun. I hope next time she'll get in the water a little faster. We had a good time but there were just SO SO SO many people there it was hard to keep track of all the kids. We'll have to try again and see when the slow times are. It's nice to have fun in the water and not have to worry about any of the kids drowning. I've taken all three of the kids to our pool a few times on my own and it can be a bit stressful. Ellen is getting to be a little too confident in the water, I keep telling he that she's not a REAL mermaid, she needs to learn to be able to keep her head above water so that she can breathe air like a little girl. I can't wait until the girls can swim on their own it will make my life a lot less stressful.
1 comment:
Looks like you all had a blast cooling off in the splash park!! Can't wait to see you all in a month!!!
Post a Comment