Saturday, October 24, 2009

Connecticut in the Fall

Well, here we are in Connecticut. I feel like everything happened so fast, one day we heard that Connecticut would be a possibility and then all of a sudden we were in the car driving across the country (It was a beautiful drive once we got past the snow in WY). The kids were fantastic the whole drive.
We spent a few hours in Kirtland visiting the Church history sites there, It was so beautiful with all of the Fall colors. The sister missionaries were great and really made it a lot of fun for the girls. Then we were back on the road.
The drive through Pennsylvania was gorgeous! We must have had our timing just right to catch the leaves at the peak of their color. Then we got to drive past NYC on our way to Stamford and we were able to catch a glimpse of the NYC skyline from the George Washington Bridge.
We have been here a little over a week now and we are starting to figure some tings out. We lived in the Hilton for a while until I got fed up with the lack of kitchen and the $20 and up breakfast prices downstairs. Now we are in the residence inn which is further from town but I have a kitchen (without an oven) and there's the wonderful perk of free breakfast in the morning.
We will be moving into a beach house in Westport CT November first! We found this great little furnished rental and I'm really excited to settle in. We are literally ally 200 feet form the ocean and I think we will really enjoy our little beach house for the winter. (if only we could have enjoyed it a few months ago.) We will have 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, so we have plenty of room for you to come and visit! We will be here at least through the end of January and possibly longer. We miss you all!

This is a picture of what you see when you walk down the driveway from our beach house. It's a gloomy day today so it isn't as pretty as usual. When the tide is up the water comes right up to the rocks.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

It sounds like a beautiful drive! I'm still so sad we couldn't come down and meet you. Maybe next year on the way back....My favorite picture is the one of Olivia with the "do not touch" sign. Too bad she can't read it!

We'd love to come visit your beach house. If you stay for about five years, we might be able to do it!

So much Love! said...

Oh my goodness that picture of Olivia is too funny!!!
Beach house? Seriously! I wish we had those here in Utah. :) Oh I would love to come and visit. Hmm....I'll see what I can cook up.

katie said...

How fun! I am super excited for you! The beach house sounds like a ton of fun!