Friday, April 12, 2013

Ellen in Her First Musical!

Ellen has been working for about a month on the second grade play, they put on a production of 5 of Aesop's fables. Each class presented one of the fables and Ellen was one of the very few kids who got a speaking part. She was the City mouse in the fable "The City Mouse and the Country Mouse" She did a wonderful job and it was so much fun to watch her. They preformed their play twice, once in the afternoon for the kindergartners, first graders, and third graders and once in the evening for the family members. I went to both of them so that I could be sure to get some good video and it was so much fun to watch, the kids all did a great job!
Ellen needed her fancy mouse ears to really feel the part of the city mouse. She was so excited!
Talmage and Olivia had a wonderful time playing in the bleachers while we waited for the performance to start. 
Ellen said to me after the first performance, "I was a little nervous, and a little scared, and a little excited, but after it was over I felt really proud!"  

My Friend Emily sat next to me at the performance and she offered to take a picture of me with Ellen! I was proud of her too! 

No comments: