Monday, May 17, 2010

A Magical Vacation






I'm sitting on the plane on our way home to Dallas. Eric is wrestling Talmage, Olivia is asleep and Ellen is reading the sky mall magazine so for the first time in the past week and a half I have a few moments that I can sit here in front of the computer and blog. We have had the BEST vacation ever! I LOVE Disney and I have been wanting to take the girls to Disney World (or Land) for a while now (ever since they started pretending they were princesses). I was warned that the kids might be too young and that they would tire out and not like the fun rides etc. But they loved it! You would not believe the expressions on their faces the first time they saw the princesses dancing in the parade or the way that they lit up when we rode it's a small world. Olivia is so innocent and just loved every princess and character we saw. Ellen loves the rides she was riding Splash Mountain with her arms up by our second day in Magic Kingdom. And even though the tower of terror scared her to the point of tears every time she rode it she insisted on riding it 5 times. Talmage loved the rides and shows but more than anything he loved the times that he got to go swimming in the kiddie pool at the hotel. What did I like best? I think I would have to say that I enjoyed watching the kids reaction to Disney more than anything else. I'm so glad that we had the opportunity to take our kids to Disney World and make all of these magical memories. Now we're on our way home and we're excited to sleep in our own beds. I'll post more later.

2 comments:

The Millers said...

Fun!! I've never been to Disney World (just Land). Someday when the kid(s) are older we'll go. Looks like your parents joined up with you for the vacay...very fun, and nice to have extra hands around to watch for the kiddos. Hope all is well.

Frye Kids said...

fun fun fun...... taking kids to D-land is the best....now they will be asking you everyday when can they go back! then it will become a yearly tradition and Eric will never be able to go back now that the kids have experienced it!