We lost our dear and wonderful Grandpa (Papa Yia) this week. We are sad to have had such a wonderful man taken from us so unexpectedly but we rejoice that he can now be happily reunited with his dear wife who past away 3 years previously. Grandpa's accident occurred after a day of church, home teaching, and family get togethers, all of which he found tremendous joy in. We will miss him dearly but we rejoice in the knowledge that we will see him again and that his life was lived with good works and love. These are some pictures that we have taken over the years. You will see that he definitely had a soft spot for his great-grandchildren. He loved to hold them (crying or not) and sing old songs to them. He loved it when they would give him hugs and kisses and when they would sit on his lap for a story. I will never forget the first time I went over to his house and he gave me a a rib crushing hug and a kiss on the cheek, I was a little surprised by it at the time, but looking back I see that he was just being himself, full of so much love he just had to share it.
2 comments:
Grandpa Hock was a super cool guy! I will miss him.
Stephanie, I am sorry to hear about this. It is always hard to say goodbye even though we know it is temporary. Love goes out to your family.
Post a Comment